About the Trinidad and Tobago Fair Trading Commission
The Trinidad and Tobago Fair Trading Commission (TTFTC) is an independent Statutory Agency established pursuant to the Fair Trading Act 2006. It is the third competition agency established in the CARICOM region and is one of the more than one hundred competition agencies that are presently functioning globally. Its objectives are to:
- Ensure that all legitimate business enterprises have an equal opportunity to participate in the economy.
- Prevent Anti-competitive conduct while at the same time complementing other policies that promote competition.
- Maintain and encourage free and fair competition.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of competition through advocacy.
- Provide guidance on how to comply with the law.
The TTFTC seeks to create and maintain a fairer Trinidad and Tobago for all which will be characterized by vigorous competition with the result being high quality goods and services being provided at competitive prices. The TTFTC prides itself in being a transparent and accountable agency that encourages the maintenance and promotion of free and fair competition in the conduct of business in Trinidad and Tobago. Our objectives include:
- Ensuring that all legitimate business enterprises have an equal opportunity to participate in the economy
- Preventing anti-competitive conduct while at the same time complementing policies that promote competition
- Raising awareness of the benefits of competition
- Exhibiting a high level of integrity and intellect